Wednesday, October 3, 2007

HW 17: Gossip Girl

My favorite blog was under the Jezebel blog about the new series Gossip Girl. Here’s the link to the blog: http://jezebel.com/gossip/critical-mass/gossip-girl-depressing-delicious-eye+candy-301389.php. This blog about the new TV show starts out with a brief review of her feelings on the TV show. Then the writer, Jennifer, leaves reviews from many newspapers on the blog. The newspapers include, LA Times, NY Times, USA Today, Washington Post, Boston Globe, and Chicago Tribune. Many newspapers, and Jennifer as well, compare Gossip Girls to the show The O.C. It seems like many of the newspapers though don’t feel like it’s a good show but you can’t help but watch it. It’s a show about snooty teenagers living in the city and there’s a lot of mention of a lot of sex. It seems like this show is bad, but it pulls you in. As Jennifer says, “New York prep schoolers with more money than we'll ever have, having more sex than... Well, you get the point. And apparently it's kinda good.” I picked this blog because it was about a modern TV show that I’m sure a lot of girls in my age group watch. I’ve never watched it but this blog sure made me want to. I was never an O.C. fan but I do like the show One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl looks like it could be a close equivalent to that.

No comments: