Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HW 10: Punching Holes in Old Faded Mirrors

Between both interviews I read in Blog! How the Newest Media Revolution is Changing, Politics, Business, and Culture I could better relate to the interview with Arianna Huffington. She had more opinions to relate to and disagree with than the interview with Ayelet Waldman. I agree with Huffington that blogs have become an important source of media in the past few years, because my experience with this class and making a blog has shown me that blogging is a huge epidemic online now. There is no doubt in my mind that blogging has become important for many people and companies now for support or helping to build a business. “Blogs have made a huge difference because they have broken the monopoly of the mainstream media,” (Kline & Burstein, 344) as Huffington states. Now while I agree with this statement there’s one main thing I disagree with. I think Huffington is mistaken when she says the news on television focus’s only on one story or event. The news we watch on TV has a variety of different stories and they show the bigger stories quite often. When you watch the 6:00, 9:00 and 10:00 news on the same channel most likely the same major story is going to be repeated and gone into detail about. Not overlooked real fast. Any news you can get on TV and in the newspaper I believe you can get in a blog. That’s where blogs get their main information anyway.

No comments: