Wednesday, September 5, 2007

HW 2: Burstein's 12 Key Ideas

Idea 4: Blogs will coexist with other media for a long time to come, and there will be continual interactions and cross-fertilizations.

9/5

Burstein is telling us in this idea that blogging is another form of media. It is like a newspaper or a magazine. People could become journalists or even become famous TV personalities because of their blog. I never realized how big blogging was until this class. To think that people could become famous because of their blog blows me away. I know people who would love to go into the field of journalism, and they will have to go to college and make their chances better in getting a job as a journalist. To me it seems unfair to people that are going to school have the same chance at becoming a journalist as people blogging for fun online. I find it strange that these random bloggers are getting so much attention. I never realized how much useful information was put in to some blogs around the country, and even the world. I’m eager to find out if blogging will become even bigger and turn into the worlds new way of finding out the latest news, instead of having newspapers and magazines mailed to our homes. Blogging will definitely make it easier and cheaper to find out the latest news happening in our world.