Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW: 5b "I Blog, Therefore I Am"

In Kline’s “I Blog, Therefore I Am” Kline basically argues that the media is making a huge turning point. More people are using the internet and watching TV as a way of getting the latest news. People aren’t reading newspapers like they use to back in the day. Kline reports that newspaper circulation has fallen 11 percent since 1990 (p. 239, Kline) and it’s getting worse every year. Kline also suggests that companies are most likely going to fail if they don’t have a blog to help support their own company. I don’t think I can agree with that. I believe any company can stay alive without a blog. I don’t think blogs are a necessity to keep a company growing. Blogs can destroy a company just as much as it can help it. I would much rather get my news and information in a newspaper than a blog. Anything can be put on the internet, so many things can be untrue in a blog. In a newspaper most articles are guaranteed to be true.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Good, Alessandra.
For this class, we'll use MLA style, so rather than writing
(p. 239, Kline), write (Kline 239).
No need to revise this post, though.