Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW: 6 Interest Statement for Semester Project

The social computing technologies I’m interested in now are email, instant messaging, and social networking services. I’m interested in email because it’s an easy way to get in touch with people if you can’t contact them through phone. I like instant message because I can talk to my friends at anytime instantly, and I can talk to more than one person at a time as well. Specific social networking that I like is face book. You can see what your friends have been up to, chat with them, and look at their pictures.
The kinds of empowerment of marginalized groups that I’m most interested in are overcoming racism, because I feel that everyone should be equal, overcoming ageism, just because you’re a senior citizen doesn’t mean they should be treated unequal to younger generations, I think they should be treated with even more respect, and last issues of disabilities or learning differences. I have some friends who have learning problems, but they’re not disabled, and they’re just like everyone else.
I think I’ll start looking at the US and North America for geographical areas.

No comments: